This release fixes a few bugs with the over-the-air update system in the app.
Instead of automatically applying the updates as soon as they become available, the app will now display a notice at the top of the screen. Once a user taps this message, the update will be applied, and the app will be reloaded.
This release brings 2 new features we are very excited about: Workouts & Custom Workouts. We have also rebuilt the Session details screen.
Workouts are programs that control the treadmill's speed and incline automatically. We've created 12 pre-defined Workouts for users to try.
We have added Custom Workouts to the app, allowing users to create Workouts that control the treadmill's speed and incline. There is an option for users to set their own duration per split, 'Flexible Workout, or an even time throughout the splits, 'Fixed Workout'. Users are able to favourite and delete custom workouts.
The Session Detail screen has been updated to show you a more in-depth data of your session. We have added a chart to show the speed & incline changes on the treadmill. The screen now also breaks down your splits, to show you your pace and steps per split!
We also calculate the projected split time if the "final split" isn't a full kilometre or mile.
We've also added interactive charts for:
- Heart rate
- Calorie burn
You can also convert a captured Session into a Custom Workout!
We have removed the pause button from the Run screen in the app due to inconsistencies with some of our bluetooth chips. This means you can no longer pause a session from the app.
- An active session can be paused by pressing the "STOP" button on the treadmill once.
- The paused session can be "un-paused" by pressing the "START" button on the treadmill.
- To end a session, press the "STOP" button on the treadmill twice, or press the stop button in the app.
- Fixed an orientation bug for iOS.
- Automatic over-the-air updates are now disabled if the app is connected to a treadmill.
- Sessions now save properly if started from the treadmill hardware "START" button while the app is connected.
Unique machine ID
We have recently partnered with The Altitude Centre in London, and they have a bunch of our treadmills. While we were there, we noticed an issue in the app: when scanning all the treadmills looked identical, and it became near impossible to connect to the correct treadmill.
So, this release adds a unique identifier on the scan screen to help users identify individual treadmills, but the ID will only display in the app when more than 1 machine is found.
- This release adds aesthetic overrides for the new NoblePro Connect v3.0.0 chip. The chip itself will be released as part of our Bluetooth Upgrade program. If you are interested, please check out our Discord for help.
- General UI update to bring app half way in line with new UI.
- Adds new Run screen widget: Projected calorie burn per hour
- The app now records your heart-rate during a session if you connect your heart-rate monitor before starting your run.
- The app now allows you to override your treadmill's default incline to capture better data.
- This release adds support for our new Bluetooth chip that will be released later this year.
- We've disabled the "incline override" screen + menu during an active session to avoid capturing inconsistent data.
- We've disabled the speed + incline adjustment buttons on the Run screen that would cause the app to crash if used before a session was active.
- This release fixes a few issues that we had with linking TrainingPeaks user accounts to the app.
NoblePro Go - Release 2.3.5
- The app now stays connected to your treadmill even while it's in the background. This means that you can connect to the treadmill, and start your run, and then use your phone for other things!
- We've changed the splash screen to prevent a crash for Android devices with smaller screens.
- We've also fixed some issues with FIT file creation where the date offset was sometimes incorrect.
- The authentication API that allows you to connect your Strava and TrainingPeaks accounts will do so properly now.
- We've added a message to the Run screen to indicate when the treadmill is paused.
- The speed + incline buttons on the Run screen are now slightly larger for easier interaction while you're running.
- We've renamed the "Stop" button to "End" to make it clearer what the button actually does.
Brand new NoblePro Go app
Today we launch our new NoblePro Go app!
We've been working hard over the last few months to make sure this new app has all the features that our old app had, and made a bunch of improvements! From a fresh new look & feel, to better Bluetooth connectivity, we believe this new app is a much improved experience.
Please try it out, and let us know what you think about it! If you have issues or questions, you can get hold of us in the #feature-requests and #bug-reports channels on Discord.
- Release 2.2.24
Welcome to our changelog
Today we've decided to communicate more with our customers, and let you know exactly what we're working on here.
Our new changelog will keep you in the loop not only about bug fixes but everything from brand new features to security updates and all things in between.
We're looking forward to talking about all our changes, updates and improvements to our service as we move forward. We hope you'll keep an eye on our progress and let us know what you think!